Friday, February 11, 2011

Pass it on...



In the days of your prophet Deborah,

You saved Israel by the hand of a woman.

In quiet wisdom she stood beneath her tree,

Guiding the searching ones in your Law.

She saw the threat of tyranny to her simple people.

She came to you for help and you answered her.

She listened.

Miryam of Nazareth, Woman of Strength & Wisdom, Ann Johnson, Ave Marie Press


Like Deborah beneath her tree, quiet time with the Lord refreshed my soul. Thankfully, we have a neighboring church close by that has an adoration chapel; I love to visit it often.

I can’t help but notice when I am there the number of women present, it’s a wonderful sight. Many have their rosary beads in hand, a few have open bibles, some just sit quietly with eyes closed, and others hold journals on their laps, with pen in hand.

Like Deborah, they bring their cares and their gratitude to the Lord. They come to Him for help, in their union with God, He hears them and answers. His gentle spirit embraces them as it does mine; together we are strengthened for what lies ahead.

I am thankful for the holy women that God has put in my life, especially those in my own family. Like the women in the chapel, their faith, courage and strength, have been such an inspiration to me. I only pray that I can pass it on.

Who do you have in your life to be thankful for? Who has been a blessing in your life? Please let them know, it is up to us to pass it on.

18 comments:

the booklady said...

What a lovely idea--to pay tribute to the wonderful women who have given us so much, without which we wouldn't be where we are now. For me there was first my own dear Mother who raised me Catholic. And then there are my two sisters who I call my best friends and my mother-in-law who is my second mom ... and my own daughters who taught me how to be a mother. There are so many girl friends too, but I will just remember them in my heart and prayers. God bless you DG for this opportunity to think about, acknowledge and pray for these special ladies! And you are definitely one yourself!

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to have a daughter who will take the time out of her busy day and visit the Lord. She then shares her inspiration with others

Unknown said...

A beautiful reflection. I often think about those strong, courageous women in Scripture, not least among them, Our Lady. Through Sacred Scripture and Tradition their faith has been passed on to us.
In my own life it was the Sisters of St Joseph who planted the seeds of my faith. Upon the return to my faith, God has blessed me with some very strong faithful women to call my friends. Since I began my blog 2 years ago, I have also met other women of strong faith, such as yourself, who continue to strengthen me in my faith.
God bless!

Mary N. said...

Thanks for this post, DG. It's a wonderful reminder to me to be thankful for the faith-filled women that God has placed in my life - from bloggers like you to my wonderful mother who is full of God's love. What a blessing!

Daily Grace said...

To my Anonymous Mamma,

You are a true woman of grace! Your love and your faith have been such an inspiration to me throughout my whole life! I can never begin to tell you how much I love you..

God bless you mamma!

Daily Grace said...

booklady,

I hold you and the special women in your life up in prayer tonight. Thank you for always being such an shining light to us all.

God bless you my friend.

Daily Grace said...

Karinann,

Like your Sister of St. Joseph, the Franciscan nuns played a strong roll in the lives of my daughters, for which I am thankful.

We are all so lucky to have these strong faithfilled women to guide us. And we all share the most wonderful mother of all, our Blessed Mother.

God bless and thank you for your comment.

Daily Grace said...

Mary333,

Thank you so much! When are you going to start posting again??? You are missed!

Andie said...

Daily, this is beautiful. When we think of power and strength in the wordly sense, we rarely think of women of prayer. And yet, these women are women of tremendous strength and courage. I think of St. Monica who, through her prayers, changed her son's life. Thank you for this post and for the examples of these women of prayer.
Andie

Ed Sousa said...

Thanks for reminding me of all the holy women in my life such as my Mother and Grandmothers and others.
God Bless,

Anne said...

This post was touching, but even more so was your comment to your "Anonymous Mamma"...made me tear up!

kam said...

My wife Helen, a tremendous inspiration and a woman of deep faith. She is one of the women with her journal. These women are the secular worlds version of nuns. Without her, without them and their constant prayers, where would we be now?

Daily Grace said...

Anne, You could just never know how blessed I have been to have a mamma like her! Next to our Blessed Mother, she is my gal!

Thank you!

Daily Grace said...

KAM. The words of love that you share about your wife touch me like you would never believe! God bless the gift she is to you, and to us all!

Peace my friend.

Daily Grace said...

God bless the women of prayer Andie! I know you are one of them, your writings are filled with love and compassion, they are such an inspiration.

God bless

Daily Grace said...

Colleen,

Thank you Colleen. Like you, I get such peace from time spent before our Lord.

God bless

Daily Grace said...

Ed,

Like you , I am thankful for the holy women in my life. Thank you for commenting and thank you for your wonderful blog. I check it everyday. You really share some wonderful graces.

God bless

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great post. Thanx.

God bless.