Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stay With Me Lord....

“Peace be with you…”


“Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see…..”Luke 25 : 38-39

We all need the peace that only comes from our risen Savior, for though we are a people of faith, we still experience times of trouble and questions arise. It is in times like these that we look for Christ in others and that others look for Christ in us.

All human beings yearn for life to the full. We are truly blessed who have been given food from heaven and the water of life in the Easter sacraments of baptism and Eucharist. 1 Easter Wednesday, Magnificat

Help me to me recognize You as Your disciples did at the breaking of bread, so that the Eucharistic Communion be the light which disperses the darkness, the power which sustains me, the unique joy of my heart.

Stay with me, Lord, for it is You alone, Your Love, Your Grace, Your Will, Your Heart, Your Spirit, because I love You and ask for no other reward but to love You more and more, with a strong and active love.

Grant that I may love You with all my heart while on earth, so that I can continue to love You perfectly, throughout all eternity, dear Jesus. Amen!2 Stay with me Lord (Prayer after Communion)















10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Daily Grace. This prayer from Padre Pio is one of my favorites.

Daily Grace said...

Karinann,

I didn't know this prayer was from Padre Pio,thank you for telling me this. What I can say though was as I was praying for inspriation for this post, he came to mind often. God is so good!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful prayer, thanks for sharing Daily!
Andie

jek said...

A beautiful Eucharistic prayer. Thank you for sharing.

Mary N. said...

This is a great prayer, DG! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The Bishop was saying Mass the other day and mentioned that in the gospel when Jesus was walking with two men(Cleofas and friend) they asked Him to stay with them. The Bishop said it was a prayer and we should use it often.
I use Padre Pio's prayer often after mass. I love it

Daily Grace said...

Andie, Jek, Mary and Anonymous,

We are so blessed that Jesus gave his life for us and that he remains with us always through the breaking of the bread.

God bless

Michael said...

I love this:

"Help me to me recognize You as Your disciples did at the breaking of bread"

I never took that passage and made it personal like that. Wonderful.

God Bless you

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for this prayer Daily Grace.

God bless you.

Abbey's Road said...

Absolutely beautiful, Grace! I'm going to write down this prayer to add to the others that I say.

So Thankful For You!

Abbey ♥