Saturday, January 30, 2010

Seeds of Faith


"Dear children! May this time be a time of personal prayer for you, so that the seed of faith may grow in your hearts; and may it grow into a joyful witness to others. I am with you and I desire to inspire you all: grow and rejoice in the Lord who has created you. Thank you for having responded to my call."

January 25, 2010 Message


Reflecting on Our Lady’s message, I started thinking about my time alone with the Lord.


Being an early riser, I find that hour before the sun comes up each morning to be a peaceful time to be with the Lord; it is my most precious time of the day.


This hour is devoted to prayer, daily scripture readings, and praise. And I always wish it could last a little longer.


But, Our Lord is always calling us to personal time with Him. He invites us to spend time with Him in Eucharistic adoration. He invites us to partake of His precious body and blood in the celebration of daily mass. He offers us peace and forgiveness through the sacrament of reconciliation. His loving arms are always open and everyday He invites us to spend personal time with Him so that the seed of faith may grow in our hearts.

Thank you Holy Mother for always reminding us of the love your Son has for us all.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I find prayer anytime is good . I like the times when I feel refreshed and filled with a renewed sense of joy, gratitude, and praise in my heart. Other times I get inspired and Mary is here to do just that. Praise God! Thanks for sharing our lady's message with us . It is so simple but it's a mouthful of truth.

Michael said...

I was going to write about St Paul's Love passage, given that it was our second reading today, but couldn't find the right words. I'm glad I didn't, because your post is perfect. Thank you for this.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for this inspirational post.

God bless.

Matthew said...

Grace, Thanks for this insightful post. My work in the Navy requires me to rise a couple hours before my family so I can get into work on time. I use that time in the morning while I am preparing for work and during the drive into work as a prayer time. The roads are empty, most people are still sleeping and it is just a good opportunity for prayer. Thanks again and God bless.

Matt

Anne said...

"The greatest of these is love" that really says it all, doesn't it?

kam said...

At work, the remembrance of 'Love thy neighbor' is the only thing that keeps me sane, at times. Thanks for the post. k