Monday, December 13, 2010

The Juggler


Her juggling act was superb! The more she practiced the better she got and it seemed as though every week she was adding another ball. As a result, her act was getting bigger and bigger. Practice took up more and more of her time; soon it consumed her.

She began to get cranky, a sign of fatigue. The simple things she loved to do, well, there just wasn’t time to do them. Depression was becoming a frequent companion. Happiness had lost itself along the way.

Driving home one night, after another long day of juggling, she drove by a church and decided to go in. As she entered she blessed herself with holy water, noticing how quite everything was, and she took a seat up front close to the tabernacle.

It took a minute or two for her to settle herself down; she was so use to juggling. As she relaxed, many thoughts, memories and people came into her mind. Soon, she began to talking to God in a way she hadn’t done in quite some time and wondered why it had taken her so long to come here.

When she was done she sat there before Him, silently and peacefully. When it was time for her to go, she thanked Him for listening to her and for being there. She felt so refreshed and wondered if she would continue to juggle as much as she had before.

"Take time to be aware that in the very midst of our busy preparations for the celebration of Christ’s birth in ancient Bethlehem, Christ is reborn in the Bethlehems of our homes and daily lives. Take time, slow down, be still, be awake to the Divine Mystery that looks so common and so ordinary yet is wondrously present.Edward Hays, A Pilgrim’s Almanac, p. 196


"Dear children! I call you to work on your personal conversion. You are still far from meeting with God in your heart. Therefore, spend all the more time in prayer and Adoration of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar, for Him to change you and to put into your hearts a living faith and a desire for eternal life. Everything is passing, little children, only God is not passing. I am with you and I encourage you with love. Thank you for having responded to my call." BVM Message of March 25, 2008

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Lisa.....I was exhausted this weekend..."juggling"....and did not go to church....I should have...

Have a wonderful week.

Love you,

Marie

Daily Grace said...

Love you too my friend! God bless.

Mary N. said...

We juggle too much these days. It certainly makes me tired and cranky! I'm always wondering what ball I can let go - definitely there are lots of unnecessary stuff in our lives that we shouldn't stress over. These are the things I'm trying to weed out. Thanks for the excellent post, DG!

Unknown said...

I could be the woman in your post- in fact my post yesterday sounded like I was/am. This morning upon waking up still slightly exhausted, I realized what I need- some time with Jesus- so that's where I am headed after work today.
Thanks for an excellent and needed post!
God bless!

Anne said...

Wonderful post, I thought for sure you were writing about me! Isn't it amazing how that little bit of time given to God can change our entire perspective?

Daily Grace said...

You know Anne, you are so right! Thank you!

Abbey's Road said...

This was a terrific way of pointing out to all how we get so busy in our lives that the only time we slow down is when we sleep. I need to turn everything off, right now, and have a talk with God.

Thank you!
Abbey ♥

Daily Grace said...

Me too Abbey!

Peace my friend!

Anonymous said...

I love this story because it is so personal. We are all juggling whether it be with our work, our thoughts, our distractions, our crosses. And the place to put down our juggling balls in in the presence of Him. Thanks for this.
Andie

Tracy said...

Beautiful message!

Anonymous said...

This is the story of my life...I found your blog through Anne's blog *Inner Jeremiah*. This has really struck me...I just blogged about this in my last post and it was providential I found yours : )
http://carmelitemom.blogspot.com/