Monday, November 28, 2011

Recognizing Greatness


  We like Bethlehem, are too tiny to imagine the greatness within us: 1


You Bethlehem-Eprathah, too small to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to rule my people Israel.  Micah 5:1-2


Be alert,
stay awake,
be prepared,
for grace flows down from above.

Will my heart be open,
will my eyes bear witness,
or will I fail to even see.

A simple yes from one who loves,
this heart will know great sorrow.
She reaches down into the manger bed
and cradles our hope for the morrow.

Oh Bethlehem, town so small,
in you salvation came to sing.
And, forever will history recall  that
you cared for Christ our King.

May we recognize the greatness and love of Christ in our small everyday life during this Advent season and always.

God bless

1. Radical Grace, Daily Meditations by Father Richard Rohr

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful reflection; thank you for sharing it here.
May our hearts become like Bethlehem.
God bless.

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Karinann, welcome back!

Patricia said...

Oh I love that...the comparison between tiny Bethlehem and our little beings.

It is astounding to think that we can contain within us the Living God! I often ponder the mystery of the beauty and glory of a soul in Grace....I can't imagine. But one day, we will see...

All of your Advent meditations are so beautiful. Thank you, Daily Grace!

Love,
Patricia

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Patrica and may God continue to bless you. Your love of God comes through every line you write. I am so glad I found your blog.