Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Mother of My Lord


Today marks the feast day of The Visitation of The Blessed Virgin Mary.

Mary is a stumbling block for many Christians who claim that we Catholics have elevated her with the title “Mother of God”. They claim that this tile for her is not found in the Bible. Now it may be true that the Bible does not dogmatically teach Mary as the Mother of God; however, inspired by the Holy Spirit, Elizabeth refers to Mary as "the mother of my Lord" 1

When..hearing Mary's greeting,
the infant leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said,
"Most blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me? Luke 1:42-43


 Mary, Theotokos , the God -bearer and the one who gives birth to God.

For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Luke 1:44

Mary is not divine since God did create her, she did not exist before God; God made her a worthy vessel, immaculate from her conception, free from all stain of original sin,  a woman filled with complete heavenly grace. She gave birth to Our Savior Jesus Christ. 2

Mary, blessed among all women, filled Elizabeth with the spirit of gratitude by bringing the mother of her Lord to her.

As a Catholic, I am filled with gratitude to have the mother of my Lord come to me, to reach out to me, to always want to bring me closer to her Son.

“Dear children! Also today I call you to conversion and to holiness. God desires to give you joy and peace through prayer but you, little children, are still far away- attached to the earth and to earthly things. Therefore, I call you anew: open your heart and your sight towards God and the things of God- and joy and peace will come to reign in your hearts. Thank you for having responded to my call.” BVM, Medjugorje, May 25, 2012 Message to Marija

No comments: