Friday, May 4, 2012

Unity With My Son


Just as the branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Jesus, the word of God, the word made flesh, tells us that we are grafted onto him. This spiritual engrafting was made possible for all of us, whether we are believers or unbelievers, by his death on the cross and becomes effective for each one of us at the time of our baptism.1

We are all rooted in Christ and apart from him we can do nothing, much like a dead branch which is only suitable for the fire.

Separated from him we  become a restless people, agitated in heart and mind. And, often times we find ourselves falling into periods of despair.

Disconnected from Christ we lose our sense of hope. Apart from him we are like a people in exile, searching for a sense of belonging, and often looking for that belonging in all the wrong places

But, much like the branches that remain on the vine, united to the tree from which they draw life,  we are called to unity with the Son, life in Christ.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. By this will my Father be glorified……John 15:7,8

Our Lady Queen of Peace has called us to unity with her Son Jesus in her message to Mirjana, May 2, 2012

"Dear children! With motherly love I implore you to give me your hands, permit me to lead you. I, as a mother, desire to save you from restlessness, despair and eternal exile. My Son, by His death on the Cross, showed how much He loves you; He sacrificed Himself for your sake and the sake of your sins. Do not keep rejecting His sacrifice and do not keep renewing His sufferings with your sins. Do not keep shutting the doors of Heaven to yourselves. My children, do not waste time. Nothing is more important than unity in my Son. I will help you because the Heavenly Father is sending me so that, together, we can show the way of grace and salvation to all those who do not know Him. Do not be hard hearted. Have confidence in me and adore my Son. My children, you cannot be without the shepherds. May they be in your prayers every day. Thank you."

Prayer:
O Christ Jesus,
When all is darkness and we feel our weakness
and helplessness, give us the sense of your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust in
Your protecting love and strengthening power, 
so that nothing may frighten or worry us, for living close to you,
We shall see your Hand, 
Your purpose, Your will through all things. Amen.
By St. Ignatius of Loyola 
1.Adapted from Magnificat, Sunday 6th, pg. 87 Vine and Branches
 




3 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great post.

I like the prayer of St Ignatius.

God bless.

Anne said...

Thank you for this reflection. I love the image of vine and the branches, it's my favorite-probably because of my grapevine arbor in my back yard.

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Victor and Anne. God bless you both.