Friday, November 9, 2012

Set Me Free



Of all the enemies that I might have,
I know I am the worst.
In guilt and shame I dwell on flaws,
My mind becomes immersed.

And then I hear my Shepherd’s voice
Calling after me,

His arm outstretched,
Both firm and strong.
He’s come to set me free.

Speaking to the prayer group that Ivan and Marija had formed, the Virgin said:

You will be happy if you do not judge yourselves according to your faults, but understand that graces are offered to you even in your faults.” BVM, Medjugorje May 12, 1986  1

Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Lk 6:37)

Forgiveness not only frees the mind and heart, it also opens us up to receive the great gift of peace. But we cannot receive this grace while bitterness and resentment toward others tear at our souls.

Lord, you are truly the Good Shepherd of my soul.
Thank you for creating me just the way I am, with all my flaws and imperfections.
Today I surrender my past to you and I give to you my future.
Heal me heart of any bitterness and hurt that I may cling to;
Fill me with your peace, that I may be peace to all I meet this day.
 ~Amen    

1. Citation from: Medjugorje Day by Day, Richard J. Beyer

3 comments:

Nancy Shuman said...

Wonderful. Thank you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for a wonderful post.

God bless.

Michael said...

DG - I am going to have to remember this quote because it gets so easy to judge myself based on my faults. What a wonderful reminder from our Blessed Mother.

God Bless.