Friday, May 10, 2013

The Gathering



Acts 1:13-26
 
And so we gathered,
All of us together,
Men and women both.

We had much to think about,
Much to take into consideration.

Some of us had been with Him from the start,
Others of us not as long.
But He had changed our lives forever.

We wanted to continue in His steps,
Yet we feared.
 
We needed wisdom,
We needed understanding,
We needed prudence,
We needed courage.

So we prayed and we waited.
In perfect trust we clung to His words.

We spoke about where we had been,
The hardships and the strife.
We prepared ourselves for the future,
Whatever it would bring.

We knew that in order to make this journey
We would need to make peace with each other;
We would need to make peace with ourselves.

We continued to pray,
We knew He was listening.

 “…The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.’ John 14:26


"Dear children! This evening I would like to tell you to pray in the days of this Novena for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on your families and on your parish. Pray. You shall not regret it. God shall give you the gifts with which you will praise Him to the last breath of your life on earth. Thank you for having responded to my call."
Our Lady, Queen of Peace,  gave this message on June 2, 1984 in Medjugorje.

 

6 comments:

Ed Sousa said...

Dear Daily Grace,
This is so beautiful.
Thank You

Michael said...

Beautiful DG!

God Bless you!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you Daily Grace.

God bless.

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Ed, Michael and Victor. God bless you too!

Vicky said...

I've been reading about Christian unity and the Body of Christ in my catechism readings, lately, and this reminds me of how strengthening unity is. It's a great post for Pentecost:) I could feel the peace and goodness of the Holy Spirit as I read it.

God bless, Daily Grace:-)

Daily Grace said...

Unity is strengthening Vicky.

I remember a priest telling me one time that we, the parish people, needed to come to mass on Sundays for many reasons of course, but that our coming together as one body to celebrate and partake of the One True Body, strengthened us in faith (which we know). I believe he was stressing the important of us also being present to each other.

Unity strengthens us, just like you mentioned.