Friday, June 4, 2010

Gulf Coast Oil Disaster: One Family's Plight




 Sister Anne Marie , of Franciscan Life shares her reflection on the Gulf Oil Spill and I wanted to pass it on to you.

The power of prayer and fasting are so great. Please continue to pray and fast for the environmental catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico

“The assembly gathered together to prepare for battle and to pray and implore mercy and compassion…That day they fasted and wore sackcloth; they sprinkled ashes on their heads and tore their clothes.” (1 Mc 3, 44-47)

2 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

Anonymous said...

We forget how many people get hurt when things happen. Its like the ripple in the water when you throw stones. It starts small and becomes big. I will pray that all of our people who have been hurt and lost incomes not only because of the oil spill but other forms of the economy that have left them unable to support their families. For this we pray to the Lord