Wednesday, June 16, 2010

May Our Adoration Never Cease

 For the past several days the Lord has invited me to Adoration of the most Blessed Sacrament. There is a church close to my work, so I have been spending my lunch time with Jesus.

While I am  before the Lord in prayer, many people come to mind, family members, friends from long ago, political leaders and even Supreme Court judges. Their names and faces astound me, some of them aren’t even people I’ve seen or thought of in such a long time, but I know I was brought here to pray for their needs and the needs of the whole world.

The good Lord always needs prayer warriors, and I see that I am not alone. Many other people have been called here to pray too. For these past days I have noticed a steady stream of worshipers in and out ; my heart rejoices to be in their company.

As I thumbed through my prayer book, I came across these words:

“Let us be generous with our time in going to meet him in adoration and in contemplation that is full of faith and ready to make reparation for the great faults and crimes of the world. May our adoration never cease.” Pope John Paul II

“Indeed, this is the will of My Heavenly Father, that everyone who looks upon the Son, and
believes in Him, shall have eternal life. Him I will raise up on the last day.” John 6:40




 

8 comments:

Angela said...

It definitely again was not by chance that the Lord would lead me here...I KNOW also that our Blessed Mother wanted me to 'find' you..for I see your love for Her here..In my prayer journal the other day I thanked our Lord and Savior Jesus for giving me His Mother, but also, for placing a love for Her..I have just started praying the Rosary since September of last year...and truly accepting our Blessed Mother Mary..

If the Lord leads you on Friday, please join me for Fearless Friday. Our Father lead me to start this in November of 2008...to gather each week and pray for others. Blessings dear sister.

Unknown said...

I can't think of anyone better to have lunch with :)
Beautiful post!
God Bless.

Daily Grace said...

Angela, I would love to join you on Fearless Friday! What a wonderful way to join together in prayer!

God bless

Daily Grace said...

Karinann, I can't think of a better person to have lunch with either!!!!

God bless

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'm sorry to be so far away to join you for lunch and prayers. Please pray for me next time you visit that church.

God bless.

Daily Grace said...

Victor you are too funny! You will be in my prayers for sure!

kam said...

Just by thumbing through your prayer book you found that beautiful JPII quote. No surprize how He works... So very fortunate to have a church so close. He is drawing you ever closer.

Daily Grace said...

Kam, through God's grace he sends me people of inspirataion like yourself.

It's good to hear from you and I hope you have a Happy Fathers Day this Sunday.

God bless