Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cleanse Me, Oh Lord


We are all children of our age. It is said that you cannot leave clothes in a smoky room, without them taking on the smell of smoke. Similarly, by living in an age whose spirit is radically opposed to Christ, it is only to be expected that most of us will become tainted by the spirit in one way or another, to a greater or lesser degree. 1


Like the smoky clothing, we must be washed clean in order to grow closer to Christ.



Lord, my desire is to seek you in all things.


Open my eyes that I may see what it is that keeps me from you;

Open my ears that I may hear your call.


Open my heart that your love may pour in;


And create a spirit of generosity within me so great,


That I may desire nothing for myself, except your love.



1 Fr. Helmuts Libietis, St. Louis de Montfort’s True Devotion Consecration to Mary

1 comment:

Anne said...

I love your analogy of smoky smelling clothes to the stains on your souls from sin. Great picture too!