Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pray Before the Crucifix

“From tonight I ask you to pray even more. Meditate on the wounds of Jesus. Pray as much as you can in front of the crucifix.” BVM Medjugore 03/20/89

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
For Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom,
but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
but to those who are called, Jews and Greeks alike, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength (1 Cor 1:18; 22-25)

Mary asks us to contemplate the wounds of Christ, for they speak so clearly of his love. Christ’s entire life and especially his passion were one unequaled act of divine love.

The mystery of the cross, for truly it is a mystery of the deepest currents of love, can only be comprehended through prayer.1

O Jesus! I remember the abundant outpouring of Blood which You shed. From Your Side, pierced with a lance by a soldier, Blood and Water poured forth until there was not left in Your Body a single Drop; and finally the very substance of Your Body withered and the marrow of Your Bones dried up.


Through this bitter Passion and through the outpouring of Your Precious Blood, I beg You to pierce my heart so that my tears of penance and love may be my bread day and night. May I be entirely converted to You; may my heart be Your perpetual resting place; may my conversation be pleasing to You; and may the end of my life be so praiseworthy that I may merit Heaven and there with Your saints praise You forever. Amen.    Prayer of St. Bridget


1 Medjugoreje Day by Day, A Daily Meditation Book Based on the Messages of Our Lady of Medjugorje. Richard J. Beyer

7 comments:

Anne said...

The prayer of Brigid is so beautiful! I had never heard this before, thank you so much for sharing it!

Unknown said...

beautiful mom...thank you for spreading his message!

Daily Grace said...

I am so glad you liked it Anne! Thank you.

Daily Grace said...

Juleen, I named you right; you are a jewel to me and your dad! I love you :), Mom

jeanine said...

You do such a good job. Grandma Mary would have been so proud of you.
mom

kam said...

Excellent, and it's great that you quote Day by Day. Words to inspire every morning. k

Daily Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.