Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Reflection of Jesus

If I am worthy, I am ready to give up my life, without hesitation and most willingly, for Christ's name.
– St. Patrick
 Dear children, I invite you to decide whether or not you want to live the messages which I give you. I wish that you live and actively convey my messages to others.
In a very particular way, dear children, I wish that all of you become a reflection of Jesus, and bear witness to this unfaithful world. I desire that you become a light to all, that all of you will testify to the light.
 Dear children, you are not called to darkness, but to light. So be a light, by the way you live your life. BVM, Medjugorje, June 6, 1986.

You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under a bushel basket, but on the lamp stand, it gives light to all the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven (Mt. 5:14-16)

St. Patrick was a light of love and hope to the people of Ireland, a missionary of rare courage and holiness. In the same way, we are to be a light to others, "the reflection of Jesus".

Today's reflection is taken from Medjugorje Day by Day, by Richard J. Beyer

4 comments:

Angela said...

What a wonderful message to read this day on Fearless Friday. I mentioned you today on my post precious sister and shared about the Lenten season that you wrote about on Ash Wednesday...Praying for those words over all of us these 40 days...

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Angela!

Mary N. said...

Thank you, DG! I enjoyed this meditation!

Daily Grace said...

This little light of mine! I sure do remember! Thanks Jek