Monday, April 8, 2013

"Yes" For All Of You

 
The Annunciation heralds the beginning of our salvation. By Mary's obedient "Fiat", the earth has become heaven. "In Jesus, God has placed, in the midst of barren, despairing mankind, a new beginning which is not a product of human history but a gift from above" Pope Benedict XVI

Quietly sitting in her room, she waits.

Born to parents in their later years of life,
And dedicated to God from the earliest part of her youth,
She waits.

Prayer and fasting are her constant companions,
For the eyes of her soul are turned inward as she watches for things to come.

The ears of her spirit listen as she reads the Holy Scriptures,
Always contemplating on the One,
The One who would bring salvation to her people.

She is no more than a girl by some standards,
Around fifteen years of age.
And while quietly sitting in her room,
She begins to sing softly.
Her heart lifted in prayer.

It is nearing dusk, and the dim light that has entered her room begins to brighten.
Increasing slowly at first, the light becomes radiant.
She is filled with awe as the angel of the Lord stands before her.

“Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus” Luke 1:31

Bowing low, arms crossed on her breast, she responds…..

…….“May it be done to me according to your word” Luke 1:38

Yes….forever yes….

She and the light are now one,

Its radiance consumes her.
A lifetime of waiting is fulfilled.

God has brought salvation to his people.

“Today, before God, I say my “Fiat” for all of you. I repeat it: I say my “Yes” for all of you. Dear children, pray, so that the kingdom of love may come into the whole world. How mankind would be happy if love reigned.” BVM, Medjugorje March 25, 1986


March 25, 2011 Message to Marija

"Dear children! In a special way today I desire to call you to conversion. As of today, may new life begin in your heart. Children, I desire to see your ‘yes’, and may your life be a joyful living of God’s will at every moment of your life. In a special way today, I bless you with my motherly blessing of peace, love and unity in my heart and in the heart of my Son Jesus. Thank you for having responded to my call."



Notes:

Miryam of Nazareth, Woman of Strenth & Wisdom, Ann Johnson, 1984 by Ave Maria Press, Inc.

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you Mary for saying YES.

Thank you Daily Grace for this wonderful post.

God bless.

Nancy Shuman said...

How utterly beautiful. Thank you for writing this.

I wish there were words in this world to thank our Mother Mary for her Yes.

noreen said...

I agree, your post is beautifully written! You draw the reader into picturing how Mary responded to her call to be the Mother of Our Savior!

Vicky said...

The way you write brings it all alive in my mind in such a beautiful and peaceful way. Thank you for sharing your gift - I always feel uplifted after visiting your blog:-)

God bless, Daily Grace:-)

Michael said...

Beautiful post, DG
God Bless!