Friday, June 3, 2011

A Miracle of Your Love

Adorn in splendor you stand before me,
Your Eucharistic presence,
A great miracle of your love.

I think of your Resurrection garment,
The brightness shines forth like the rays of the sun.

You have invited me here to this place of rest.
Your gift of peace is a kiss to my cheek.
My heart quickens within my chest.

“Love me”, I feel you say. “And love me for those that do not love me,
Witness with your life”.

“Yes Lord, I will”.

I love this time alone with you,
These moments feed the hunger within.

I will take these moments with me and share them with those you send my way.
And, in sharing these moments maybe others will come and spend time with you too.


"The First Friday of each month was designated by our Savior Himself as a day to be
consecrated to honoring His Sacred Heart…. As the object of this devotion is to make our Savior Jesus Christ ardently and perfectly loved, and to make reparation for the outrages offered to Him in the past, as well as for those which he daily receives in the Blessed Eucharist…


9 comments:

jek said...

I went to adoration this morning and was feeling the same sentiments. Nice post.

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Jek.

Mary N. said...

Very beautiful, DG. I used to do the First Fridays all of the time and I need to get back into it!

Daily Grace said...

Thanks Mary,

I feel like the good Lord is calling us back to the basics!

God bless you my friend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you Daily Grace.

Unknown said...

I usually go to 7am Mass each morning but was unable to go yesterday. I was able to make our 7pm but was feeling very tired and was thinking of skipping it this week. I read your post right before it was time to leave and all I could think was how can I let a little fatigue get in the way of receiving Jesus' true and real presence! So off I went and so glad I did.
Thanks for this beautiful reflection.

Daily Grace said...

Karinann,

Thank you for sharing this with me. Sometimes we all need a little nugging when we are tired, at least I know that I do.

God bless you.

Michael said...

"Love me for those that do not love me."

Really thought about this one ... thanks for sharing and for reminding me to start doing first friday's!!

God Bless you!

Anne said...

Wonderful! Love this!