Thursday, March 22, 2012

Never Alone



Lost in the desert I wander,
How long will it be that I am here?
I walk for what seems like hours;
No water to be found anywhere.

High in the sky,
The sun's rays beat down.
With loneliness as my companion,
only a shadow is
 found.

I fall to my knees and cry out,
“How long must I wander this desert?
I am thirsty and weary and weak”.

Then a voice from above, strong and gentle is heard,
“Keep going my child, you can make it;
You don’t have much further to go.
Keep straight on the path you are taking,
And know that you are never alone”.


We often encounter what seems to be a desert experience in our
spiritual life, and our only prayer is, “Lord, I am thirsty”. Be steadfast and
do not falter. For what father would deny his child water; surely not our heavenly
Father.

 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.~ John 14:18

 "Dear children! In a special way this evening I am
calling you to perseverance in trials. Consider how the Almighty
is still suffering today on account of your sins. So when
sufferings come, offer them up as a sacrifice to God. Thank you
for having responded to my call."
BVM. Medugorje, March 29, 1984

5 comments:

Daily Grace said...

You said that so beautifully Colleen. I love knowing that too! God bless.

Michael said...

Beautiful post and tie-in to the quote from our Blessed Mother.

Your posts always help me do a faith-check to get myself on track.

God Bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great post. Thank you Daily Grace. This is encouraging for when we go through difficult times.

God bless.

Anne said...

Love this! A blessed Holy Week to you!

Daily Grace said...

Thank you all for you kindness and support. A blessed Holy Week to you all!