Monday, September 21, 2009
Day is done. Everyone here has quietly settled in for the night. The house is peaceful and it’s a perfect time to pray and reflect on all that has gone by.
As I sit here by the lamplight, my heart is filled with gratitude for I am given an awareness of the many blessings God has sent me this day.
Blessings come in many forms. Today my blessings came in forms of laughter shared with family and time spent well together, attending holy mass with my husband and neighbors, but most of all, receiving Christ in the Eucharist; the nourishment of my soul.
I end this day with the Fifth Luminous Mystery, “The Institution of the Eucharist”, fruit of the mystery, love of our Eucharist Lord.
1. I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
2. Jesus took bread, blessed it: "Take and eat, this is My Body."
3. Taking the wine: "This cup is the new covenant in my Blood, shed for you."
4. At that eucharistic meal, Jesus celebrated the first Mass.
5. At every Mass the sacrifice of Calvary is made present.
6. At the Last Supper Jesus instituted the sacrament of Holy Orders to perpetuate this sacrifice.
7. "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him."
8. The Eucharist is a sacrifice inasmuch as it is offered up, and a sacrament inasmuch as it is received.
9. In the Mass we offer ourselves to God, and God gives himself to us.
10. The Mass will be fruitful in the measure of our surrender to the Father.
Prayer: May I grow ever mindful of your presence in the Eucharist, may my longing for you increase.
The Luminous Mysteries