Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Decision


We make many decisions in our lives.

Some of these decisions are easy and some of them are hard. You see, every decision that we make requires something from us; it requires a “yes” or a no.

When the angel came to Mary and told her that she had been chosen to be the mother of our Lord her decision was an immediate “yes”. “I am the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38).

As women, God calls each one of us by name and asks us if we will bring His Son into the world today. He asks us to carry Him in our hearts, and to birth Him into the lives of others.

Like Mary, we have a decision to make. God will never force us to do anything. And, if we say “yes” like she did, it will require something from us.


Prayer: Lord, give me the graces I need to decide for you today, that I, too, may be a bearer of your Son.












1 comment:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I know that God will never "force" us to do anything, but still I find it strange that anyone would want to (or dare) to say no. Sometimes, though, the signal is not clear, and that we can mess things up amazingly (at least, I can) and really need an act of God to undo the mess.