Friday, September 18, 2009

Not Again!


She had struggled with her quick temper many times in the past, and many times she had told herself that she wouldn’t let it get the best of her next time. But, here was next time and she was behaving the same way! “Why did I do this again”, she asked herself.


Overcoming personal struggles are not easy. Even the Apostle Paul said, “For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate (Romans 7:15).

The Lord knows we aren’t perfect, but, I think He appreciates our struggle. In our struggle we acknowledge our flaws and we open ourselves up to change. It is our openness to change that draws us ever closer to Him.


Prayer: Lord, I acknowledge to you that I am not a perfect person. Grant me the grace I will need today to continue the struggle with a grateful heart, and to make amends with anyone I may have offended.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I LOVE that dog picture. S/he just KNOWS that s/he is in the "doghouse"!