Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Discovering God in Silence

“The Lord is in His holy temple, let all the earth keep silence before Him”  Habakkuk 2:20

God cannot be found in noise and agitation. His true power and love are revealed in what is hardly perceptible, in gentle breeze that requires stillness and quiet to detect.  In silence, God listens to us. In silence, listen to Him.  In silence, God speaks to our souls and the power of His word is enough to transform our very being. We cannot speak to God and to the world at the same time. We need the sacred space that silence creates in order to turn our undivided attention toward God even if it is only for a few precious moments of our day. 
By Sister Mary Clare, O.C.D. , Spirit of Carmel, Spring 2010

“Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me.
John 15:4
This is our Eucharistic connection to our Lord. Without him we can do nothing.

May we find that sacred space of silence we need to be with our Lord today.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful thoughts on the need for silence.
Thanks for the comment on my blog today and for the follow.
God Bless.

Daily Grace said...

Karinann,

I am so glad you visited here and for becoming a follower. I found your blog to be so peaceful and inspiring.

God bless

Anonymous said...

Lovely :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you Daily Grace for this wonderful post about the need for silence. We can't possibly know what He has in store for us if we're talking all the time and not listening.

God bless.

the booklady said...

Yes! ☺

Kathryn said...

Thank you so much for these beautiful words. I am going to bring this with me next time I am with Him at adoration.

Also, thank you for the comment on my blog. There was an error when I tried to approve it for publishing and it won't let me moderate it again!

I am so thankful to have found your blog trying to find a way to contact you. Holy Spirit at work again :)

kam said...

Nice. Finding the time for silence, always a challenge. k

Mary N. said...

We need silence so much! The constant noise of the world leaves us agitated in the spirit if we don't get quiet time with God. Great post!

Thank you for the comment you left at my blog :)May God bless you.

Abbey's Road said...

AMEN! I'm sure He has spoken to me often, but I was not listening. I'm happy that I have corrected that aspect of my daily life!

Thank you!!