Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Joyful Witness

I will witness to you in the world, O Lord. I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers and sisters, alleluia
(Ps 17:50; 21:23)



A warm simile that welcomes the stranger
Arms that reach out to others
Eyes that look into the heart
Ears that take time to listen
Patience to put the need of others before my own
Humility to serve
Energy to endure



Grant me these things today, my Lord that I may joyfully witness your love to those who love not.
                                                                           In Jesus name I pray.
                                                                          Amen


6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful prayer. Thanx.

God bless you for your inspirational posts.

kam said...

Very nice. Especially 'Ears that take time to listen'' sometimes I'm bad with that. Thanks for the reminder.

the booklady said...

"Amen!" It is my prayer for today as well.

Michael said...

I love the prayer - especially about being a witness to God's love to those who love not. Wonderful.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

What an appropriate post for me today. I just returned from an SFO meeting at which many people mentioned that the reason they love the SFO and St. Francis is because of the JOY they feel there and the joy that represents what St. Francis was and how he led his life.

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Elizabeth for your comments about St. Francis. They remind me of the words of a song that state "The joy of the Lord is my strength."

Thank you all for your comments. They always mean so much.