Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Draw Your Strength From the Lord


Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.
 Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.
For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.
Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. 
 Ephesians 6 10:13



"Dear children! God gave you the grace to live and to defend all the good that is in you and around you, and to inspire others to be better and holier; but Satan, too, does not sleep and through modernism diverts you and leads you to his way. Therefore, little children, in the love for my Immaculate Heart, love God above everything and live His commandments. In this way, your life will have meaning and peace will rule on earth. Thank you for having responded to my call." 
BVM May 25, 2010  

Lord, you have told us that the greatest commandment of all is to love the Lord, our God, 
with all are hearts, 
with all our soul and all our mind;
            May this be our prayer.
            And may we love our neighbor as ourselves,
            Growing in holiness everyday and leading others to you.  Amen


13 comments:

Mary N. said...

Amen. I pray this prayer with you.

Anne said...

Could I please have an extra heavy duty suit of armor? The one I currently have has too many cracks in it where the sin can easily get in.

Daily Grace said...

I hear you Anne; I have that problem too!

the booklady said...

'For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness...' I find this quote especially meaningful when I think I am dealing with an especially difficult person. It helps me take a step back, and remember that it isn't my brother or sister I need to contend with. Rather it is the enemy, himself. And I need the power of the Holy Trinity to help me wage that battle.

It is a holy battle and we have all the holy angels prepared to fight on our side if we only remember to call on them.

God bless you Daily Grace! As always, inspirational! My daily vitamin of Grace!

kam said...

Excellent! I just read the May message this morning and the part about modernism is something that has been in my prayers for a while now. I feel we have to get back to a spirituality and reverence that has been lost. We've been given all we need to defend and defeat satan, but do we have the inner strength to begin battle? Good people don't realize that he is a very real part of the world, but the Apostles and Saints knew, as well as the B.V.M., who warns us all the time. Thanks for the reminder to 'Put on the armor' - k

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Colleen, I actually have this picture on the wall of my house so I was excited to find it here on the web! God bless!

Daily Grace said...

booklady,

You are an inspiration to me, in fact, I have recently ordered a few
books you have recommended on you blog. Currently I am reading the Edge of Sadness!

God bless

Daily Grace said...

kam,

I agree with you when you say that we must get back to a deeper spirituality and reverence, much has been lost in this current secular culture. Thank you for your comments, I look forward to them always. Peace

Michael said...

Thank you for the inspiration. I especially like the Ephesians passage - "put on the armor of God" - what a comforting thought!

God Bless!

the booklady said...

Daily Grace,

Thank you! I look forward to learning how you like it. God bless you!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Hi Daily Grace,

You have been awarded a Sunshine Award. Please visit my Blog to collect it.

God bless.

Abbey's Road said...

Dear One, Our Lady's message is so timely and leads us back to our knowledge that He is the Alpha and the Omega, and in all things, we must strive to live FOR HIM and WITH HIM.

I love receiving Our Lady's messages on the 25th of each month. I contemplate them deeply and find more meaning that just mere words.

Love you and so happy that you posted this and the prayer.

Peace,
Abbey ♥

p.s. Where are you, dear one? I am missing you!

Daily Grace said...

Thank you Abbey!

I have just returned from the Eastern Sierra's where I got to spend some wonderful time with family. It meant alot to know I was missed!

God bless